Register to walk your dog at the Mutt Strut and raise money to help provide shelter and care for homeless animals. You and your dog will enjoy a morning filled with unique activities and contests. Since dogs love a good romp in the rain, the Mutt Strut will take place rain or shine!
(subject to change)
CCHS Nail Trimming Booth - let us be the bad guys! CCHS volunteers will be on hand to trim your dogs’ nails
CCHS Adoption Kissing Booth – get up close & personal with CCHS dogs that are currently up for adoption!
Illini Radio Group Cutest Mutt Contest – for $1 you can cast your vote for the cutest mutt
Subaru of Champaign County
Good Friends Animal Hospital
The Cousin's Dog Biscuit Company
Hill Animal Care
VCA Heritage Animal Hospital
Quarter C Pet Resort
UpClose Marketing and Printing
Okaw Veterinary Clinic
University of Illinois College of Veterinary Medicine
Vivid Studios Photography
Doggie Swami – get your fortune read by your dog!
Bobbing for Treats
Subaru Doggie Body Painting
Doggie obstacle course – your mutt will love this agility course where he can weave through poles, scurry through tunnels and jump hoops!
Pawprint Painting – bring out your dog’s inner Monet!
9:45 a.m. Shelter Dog Demonstration – see our shelter dogs that are currently up for adoption strut their stuff.
10:00 a.m. Contests -
- Best Trick
- Biggest Paws
- Smallest Paws
- Peanut Butter Licking Contest (our peanut butter licking contest may not be this formal, but you get the picture)
- Best Kiss
- The entry fee covers one handler and one dog. All participants are limited to walking only one dog.
- All dogs must be on a standard (6-foot) leash (retractable leashes are not allowed).
- Proof of rabies vaccination is required at check-in (current tag or certificate).
- CCHS reserves the right to prohibit participation of any dog displaying aggressive behavior toward people or other dogs.
- Dog handlers must be at least 16 years old. Children must be accompanied by parent or guardian.
- Participants must clean up after their dogs.
Generously brought to you by: